Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Thankful Turkeys - day 23

"Thankful Turkeys" (pastel, 16x12 inches) $500 unframed for a limited time. Click to buy

Day 23 of my 30-paintings-in-30-days of November.

Happy Thanksgiving from the turkeys who got away!

I'm thankful for lots of things, but right now I'm thankful for finding the few good photos of these wild turkeys hidden in the depths of my files, and I'm thankful for finding an old, slightly stained but still smooth 12x16 inch piece of gatorboard when I thought I was all out, and I'm especially thankful to all of you who have been enjoying my 23-of-30-paintings this month and more to come!

Here are some progress shots, including the photos!

I combined birds from the two photos above to create the composition below.

Then I enhanced the image, and decided it looked better flipped.

 Here are the first layers of gold colored primer on the old, stained board I found.
 I'm also thankful that the design allowed for the dark area to cover up the black stain!












Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment