Saturday, October 21, 2017

"X O" Wins Award!

"X O" (pastel, 12x6 inches)

I'm thrilled to brag that my latest small figurative painting, X O, has won the CPS Memorial Award at the Connecticut Pastel Society's Renaissance in Pastel 24th Annual National Juried Exhibtion.
The show runs October 4 — November 5, 2017 at the Arts Center East in Vernon, CT.

Thank you to Jurors Maria Marino, Eileen Casey and Paul Leveille for selecting my work for inclusion, and much appreciation to Judges of Awards Jean Dalton and Jane McGraw Teubner for choosing my painting for this awesome award!

I was rather happy with this painting, as I intentionally placed the reflective sunglass lens smack dab in the middle of the image, yet there's an optical illusion (from the dark hat, the red X, and the white beard I think) that makes it at first appear to be slightly higher than center. Nope. Measure it! It's in the middle! I love breaking traditional rules of composition and getting away with it. My job is so fun!

Here are some progress shots:




Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment