Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Park Trail #41

"Park Trail #41" (pastel, 10x10 inches)  click here to bid

I try to do at least one landscape demo in each of my workshops for small paintings. Here's one from the Ann Arbor workshop. I painted this scene a couple times before: 
"Park Trail #25" 2012, sold

"Park Trail #9" 2009, sold (flipped photo reference)
Park Trail #9 is one of my all time favorites, though I do like the soft warmth and varied viewpoint of the current #41. It's fun to revisit the same scene as one's style and technique evolves over years.

Here are some progress shots of Park Trail #41:
 I used my usual single-primed Gatorboard with one coat of the gold-toned pumice gel, then washed in a pastel underpainting (also warm-toned) with alcohol.



Thanks for reading! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment