Thursday, May 4, 2017

Pointer

"Pointer"  (pastel, 8x8 inches) $350 framed

Another one traveling with me to the Cottonwood Art Festival in Richardson, TX, this weekend, May 6 & 7, 2017.

I wanted to whip this one out today, as I have a long list of other preparations for the art fest by tomorrow morning, so of course, I horribly overworked the white wool. It was "just a little bit of this color..." then, "no, just a bit more of that color..." until it was completely unacceptable. I finally broke down and wiped off all the wool, and then noticed I didn't like the horizon placement. So I wiped that out too. And got rid of the photo, which was just distracting me at that point. Of course, it only took about 15 minutes to fix what had taken me 40 minutes to mess up. Ha.

See the progress shots for the visuals:










Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment