Thursday, July 28, 2016

F is for Flamingo

"F is for Flamingo"  (pastel, 10x10)  click here to bid

I probably have enough flamingo photos to paint nothing but flamingos for a couple years. It still took me a while to find just the right shot. Of course, there had to be sunlight. But flamingo legs bore me... they're just so long! I liked being able to fit the important parts of this fellow into a square.

If you've just stumbled into my Animal Alphabet Series, you can see the intro and a brief explanation on my A is for Angelfish post.

Here are some flamingo progress shots:











I thought this was done, but ended up scuffling over the background birds with some cooler greens and violets before I scanned it. See the finished painting again below (more accurate color as well.)

Thanks for watching! Please share!






.

No comments:

Post a Comment