Monday, November 9, 2015

Aileen in Blue - day 9

"Aileen in Blue"  (pastel, 8x6 inches)

Day 9 of my 30 paintings in 30 days of November!

No new batch prepared today, but I did cut a bunch of boards. Instead of doing new underpaintings I decided to try to finish this girl, who I started during the last batch and thought I might have been close to finishing. I thought, "Oh, I'll just get this one done before priming my new batch and then at least I'll have today's painting done." Ha. Five hours later I get the text from the hubby that he's on the way home which is code for starting dinner. I was really nit-picking at that point, so I gave myself five more minutes to just be done. If I hadn't needed a painting today I might not be showing this one, but it's probably a good thing I had to stop!

So she is today's painting, but I haven't decided what I'll do with her yet, besides let her rest a few days. There are some show deadlines coming up so I'll probably enter her into something. But if I do any touch-ups on her I'll re-post.

No comments:

Post a Comment