Saturday, July 25, 2015

Carmelita (and the CA Workshop!)

"Carmelita"  (pastel, 6x6 inches)  click here to bid

Carmelita is a foal at an Arabian horse ranch in central California. My friend Michele who I'm staying with drove us out there Wednesday evening and I got some great shots just before sunset! This one was my first workshop demo on Thursday morning. (I recorded video of the demo, but will need to edit and format at home before posting... keep on the lookout!)

I and my ten ladies had a fun and enriching workshop in Paso Robles. Everyone was very attentive and eager to put my methods of warm underpaintings into practice. They were a smart and talented group and I feel blessed to have been able to work (play) with them for these past three days.

One girl had to leave at the end of yesterday...

But I had two die-hard students come in an hour early this morning...

And here are the rest of us this afternoon, the girls showing off one or two of their accomplishments:


I also have the good fortune to have made a new connection with a gallery - my first out-of-state gallery contract! The Heritage Gallery West will soon be showing my work (after I can get home and paint some more stuff! Lol.) The next time I schedule a California workshop, I might just have to drive out here, so I can bring some large pieces to the gallery and save on shipping... (Ok, really I just love to drive. ;)

My flight back home is on Monday, so tomorrow (Sunday) will be a little 'vacation' day and I plan to drive to Monterrey, then back down Hwy 1 in the afternoon and evening. (Probably pulling over at every overlook to take pictures!) I hope to time it right to catch the sunset right before turning back inland to return to Paso Robles.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment