Friday, February 6, 2015

Beaux

"Beaux"  (pastel, 6x8 inches)  click here to bid

Good day today. I believe I'm pulling out of my slump. I finished Beaux and was working on a half-finished demo from last month when my son texted me. I had forgotten today was a 2pm dismissal. So I picked up the kids, then did some grocery shopping, then it was time for dinner.

My best painting hours are right after lunch, so if I have to leave the house in the afternoon, my studio day is pretty much done for. But evenings are for the computer! And this evening I finished that large composition of longhorn calves that will be my next show-stopper! I've sent it to my iPad and will prime the board tomorrow and get the drawing on. Maybe I'll give y'all a peek when the underpainting is done.

Here are some progress shots of Beaux (excuse the color cast change on the last one):







Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment