Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Rocket

"Rocket"  (pastel, 6x6 inches)  click here to bid

The only one I was able to get done today. Son's allergy shot in the morning, daughter's violin lesson at noon, then lunch and 75+ emails to wade through, including another internet purchase..."Charlie" - yay! I can't complain! (But I will anyway; when am I going to paint?? Waaah!)

Well, I'll get to paint - in oil - for the next 3 days in Angie Brown's workshop at the New Braunfels Art League. Only the second oil workshop I've ever taken. Carol Marine's was the first, in 2011. Angie may be 'just' a local artist, but she is one of the most talented artists I've ever known. Equally proficient in oil, watercolor and pastel, she may be one of those magical 'mentor' artists, not well known outside her own social sphere, but quietly shaping and influencing dozens or perhaps hundreds of future-famous artists in her classes and workshops she has faithfully held year after year!  I own an 8x10 oil still life of hers, of sunflowers in a ball jar. Exquisite light and reflected color!

At this point I have no idea WHAT I will be painting this weekend, but we shall see... if any come out decent maybe I'll post them.

Meanwhile, here are some progress shots of Rocket:





AND... as a bonus for your diligence of viewing this post to the end, here's a sneak peek at my newest batch of underpaintings! Next week (hopefully!) will be posting some of these finished!
(There's Cadence, and Rocket...)

Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment