Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Melody

"Melody"  (pastel, 6x6 inches) sold

Melody is the twin of Cadence, from some shots I took out of my studio window. I sure hope the lot next door never gets built on. The only place they could put a house is right where the deer hang out.

Here are some progress shots.

The 3 layers of gold primer. This is Quiacridone Nickel Azo Gold fluid acrylic color mixed into Golden (brand) Fine Pumice Gel at about a 1/4 (color/gel) ratio. The gel is clear, so the color mixture is semi-transparent, and gets darker on each application.
Then (below) I add Art Spectrum (brand) Pastel Primer in the terra cotta color. I lay it into the darkest areas, then scrub and dry-brush it into the medium values of the gold to continue the value scale and add more depth to the monochromatic underpainting.







Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment