Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Duckling - in AIS Exhibit



"Duckling" (pastel, 7x5 inches)

This, one of those rare, fast and flowing works that painted itself last month, I decided to hold back from posting and entered it into an exhibit instead. I'm thrilled to announce it has been accepted into the 15th Annual American Impressionist Society National Juried Exhibition. Only 165 artists' works were accepted from 1330 entries!

The show will be held at Abend Gallery in Denver Colorado, Oct 2 - Nov 1, 2014.
Opening Reception/Awards Presentation, Oct. 2, 5pm-8pm.

The judge of awards is AIS Master Artist Clayton J. Beck III, who I happen to know appreciates small works and feels they are sometimes underrated.

OK, Clayton - here's one of my best small works to date... we'll see how it ranks with the rest of the amazing entries! ;) I'm overwhelmed to be included in the list of accepted artists, which reads like a Who's Who of American Impressionists!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment