Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Park Trail #34

"Park Trail #34"  (pastel, 8x6 inches)  click here to bid 

I did a landscape demo at the tail end of the Victoria workshop, but this isn't it. That one needs some tweaking before I can call it finished. This is one of my demos from the Breckenridge TX workshop from last fall. Somehow it fell through the cracks and never got posted!

Here are some progress shots:
 On this one, I started with a board that had a single layer of my gold primer, and used various red/orange/violet pastels to create a value study.
 This I washed in with denatured alcohol, as I learned in Terri Ford's workshop.
 Then comes the dry pastels...


I thought i was done here, but after looking at this, I narrowed the pathway on the last day of the Breckenridge workshop. (see above)

Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment