Sunday, November 17, 2013

Maxine

"Maxine" (pastel, 7x5 inches)  click here to bid

I have two bits of bad news and two bits of good news.

One good news is that Maxine will be going with me as a sample to my workshop in Breckenridge, TX later this week, Nov. 21-23. So the bad news is this auction will be a short one unless there's a bid by Wednesday, because I like to offer these for sale at my workshops.

My other bad news is I cracked my clavicle while testing for Second Degree Black Belt (Tang Soo Do Mi Guk Kwan) on Saturday. (I'd like to make it sound exciting and say it was a hit from a jump-spin downward heel kick that did it, but the boring truth was that I fell wrong when playing the attacker during a sleeve-grab demonstration.) As a result, my painting schedule is going to get even slower during the next 4-6 weeks.

The good news is it's my left clavicle, and I'm right-handed. So I'm only canceling a couple of events that involve putting up a canopy by myself, but I'm not cancelling any workshops, or events where I've got help with lifting and carrying. This weekend we'll see how well I can paint on pain killers (lol) and by my next workshop in January I should be well on the mend.

Here are some progress shots of Maxine (who I painted last week with Calypso):






Thanks for watching, please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment