Friday, September 27, 2013

Colby

"Colby"  (pastel, 7x5 inches)  click here to bid

OK, here's a good cheese! Such a lovely golden yellow, perfect for grilled cheese sandwiches.

(Lol, if you're just finding my blog, that statement might seem a little strange... just browse back some posts and catch up on my 'cow-naming' history...)

On another note, last week I had really hoped and even expected to get 7 paintings done for this week, enough for 7 posts, and here it's late Friday and just my third post of the week, with not much hope for any paintings on the weekend. It seems to me that has been going on with me for weeks now (the hoping and then the disappointment.)

So I've finally had enough, and am giving myself permission to be an Almost Daily Painter, or even an Occasional Daily Painter, starting now and for the indefinite future. My average posting rate has been 17 per month for the past 2 years, "So," you say, "What's the difference?"

Well, that has been me trying to paint and post daily. It's finally caught up with me that I've not been doing it and along with all the other obligations of life, it's been getting even more difficult to maintain the illusion of a Daily Painter. (In other words, "It's HARD! Waaa!" Especially when I did not have permission to slack off!)

So! I've given myself permission (because I am my own boss, which is great!) and the tension is leaving my shoulders as I type.

So what does this mean for you, my followers, and your friendly morning cow with your coffee? Well, I might be taking a breather for a little while, as the paperwork has piled up to headache proportions, and the ol' sales tax date will be coming 'round again soon. Then I have some larger paintings I've been meaning to work on for some competitions, my "Cows, Etc." second volume to create, and the Christmas Season will bring portrait commissions.

But rest assured that I'll keep the progress of all art endeavors posted, and maybe you'll see some caricatures from time to time. And I won't be stopping the little 'dailies', just slowing down a bit, and just for a while. The golden carrot will still be dangling out there!!.. Waiting for me to chase it again!

Thanks for reading! Have a good night (or morning!)


.

No comments:

Post a Comment