Thursday, July 11, 2013

Teriyaki

"Teriyaki"  (pastel, 7x5 inches)  click here to bid

The series of beef names have been a little bit controversial, but as they say, no publicity is bad publicity, and so far almost all of them have sold (which is all that matters to my accountant!)

For myself, I feel that the name still has to fit the face, and I also like to be a little more subtle than the words "beef" or "steak." I've taken to perusing beef recipe sites to see what kinds of words might work as names that are slightly suggestive without being too outre. My aim is for the humorous edge of irony. After all, the sad but inevitable destiny of these beautiful and gentle creatures is is to be a major food source for humans, but we can still find some joy and humor in appreciating their individual uniqueness while they're alive, in spite of, or perhaps even because of, their short-lived fate.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment