Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Corabelle (and new award!)

"Corabelle"  (pastel, 7x5 inches) click here to bid

Well, the weekend zipped past in a flash, doing caricatures out in Aransas Pass, but I did find the time to complete Corabelle on Sunday morning, and I'm happier with her than I've been with most of the ones I've tried to squeeze into some other event's downtime. I think the fact that we were under big white tents instead of having my own little red tent really helped.

The reason I didn't post her yesterday is because I opened an email from the director of the Hudson Valley Art Association, telling me that my painting "Audrey with Flowers at Seven" (pastel, 28x22) currently in the HVAA 81st Annual Juried Exhibit in Old Lyme CT, won the Art Spirit Foundation Dianne B. Bernhard Award for Excellence in Pastel. I believe this is the highest award given in the pastel category!


So I spent literally the rest of the day online, searching out the best possible travel itinerary to keep my costs as close as possible to my award amount without going over (much!) So Friday evening (6/21) I'll be at the Lyme Art Association for the HVAA show reception from 5-7pm. 

It's a beautiful show, you can see the works HERE.
If you're in the area, stop in and see the show - it's much better in person!  

.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Rita!
    Audrey's portrait is fabulous and so happy for you!
    Vicki Goodrich

    ReplyDelete