Thursday, February 21, 2013

Park Trail #31

"Park Trail #31"  (pastel over oil wash, 8x6 inches)  click here to bid

Had a chance today to finish a couple of landscapes that I had underpainted with oil a few days ago. This one was able to 'speak' to me a little better. It helped that I worked on it in my studio and not at the rodeo. Too many distractions out there.

Below is the underpainting with the reference photo.

 Speaking of underpaintings, there are still a few spaces left in my upcoming workshop "Underpainting the Pastel Landscape" March 2-3 in Rockdale, Texas. See my Workshop Page for more details!

.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Rita, I especially like this one. I love the way you keep it simple and loose, yet seem to imply all the details anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you capture light in your pastels, Rita. This trail painting is fresh and spring-like!! I am so delighted that I am able to be your student again at this upcoming workshop in Rockdale!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete