Saturday, November 10, 2012

Maximus

"Maximus" (pastel, 8x8 inches)  click here to bid

I've taken a bit of a hiatus from painting for the last couple weeks. I've opened a show, had a 3-day portrait workshop and a one day pastel workshop, two pastel demos and two caricature gigs, re-organized my daughter's home school curriculum, composed my Holiday marketing email and ordered my Christmas business postcards. All in the past 15 days. And next week I'm in San Antonio for the International Caricature Convention, so I'm not through yet!... Maybe I'll get some painting done over Thanksgiving?

Meanwhile, here's one that had slipped past me from my rush of paintings before the show. I remember now I held this one back so I'd have something to post on the auctions later... Well, now is later!

The name "Maximus" is a bit of irony; this one, which could have curled up inside two small hands, I painted larger than life in an 8x8.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment