Thursday, August 2, 2012

King's Guard

"King's Guard"  (pastel, 8x6 inches)

My very latest in the ongoing Renaissance Portrait Series, "King's Guard" has been accepted into the Pastel Society of America's 40th Anniversary Annual Exhibition "Enduring Brilliance: The Pastel Society of America at 40". It will be exhibited at the Bernhard Gallery of The National Arts Club in New York City, September 4-29, 2012. The awards ceremony is September 23, at 4:00pm.

Wish me luck!

Below are the progression photos that I managed to get while working on him:











.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting. Thanks for sharing progression work. I really enjoy studying those.
    Rita Ball

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so rich and gorgeous! I also appreciate the images of your process. Congrats on the well deserved acceptance into the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! (I'll try to get video of my next one..)

    ReplyDelete