Friday, August 17, 2012

Caution: Fingers Beware!

"Caution: Fingers Beware!"  (pastel, 6x6 inches)  click here to bid


Thank you all for your wonderful comments and warm reception of my latest little batch of cow paintings this week. I can see that I won't be able to give up painting cows entirely. After about 150 cows, however, I really am getting low on reference photos (ok, and just a little tired of them too) so for the next few days I've forgone the mammals entirely, and hunted out some exciting shots from the other end of my almost endless spectrum of animal photo files.

Every vacation, we manage to visit some of my favorite vacation hot spots - namely aquariums and zoos! This fellow was actually a resident at the Austin Zoo, and in fact, I've painted him before, in "Old Man Tortoise."

I caught a lot of shots of him that day, as his younger cousins darted back and forth across the pen too fast for me to follow. He obligingly sat in one spot and changed his expression every now and then for the camera.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment